Thursday, March 29, 2012

Magnetic Photo Peg

Hello Blog World,

First a bit of a brag about my family life, little Athletics is over for another season and congratulations to my daughter for making the state championships, she didn’t make the state team but she is still a champion in my eye making it that far.  On another note she has made the state team for FUTSAL (Indoor Soccer for people not in the know).  I wish I knew where she got her athleticism from!

athletics001

Now on to why we are really here, the crafts!!

With all the sporting events and work and drawing classes, there has not been too much time for crafting.  I am still working on my hutch and I am hoping to have that finished on the Easter break, I have also started sewing my quilt together and hope to have that finished this weekend.

What I did manage to sneak in on the weekend before I started piecing my quilt together was a small project I have been wanting to complete.

My magnetic photo peg! You may remember these photo pegs I made for my sister in law’s first market stall last year.


peg all

Well I really loved these and I had one left over that I kept for myself.  So it’s been sitting there all naked for the last 4 months, just waiting to be made into something beautiful.

magnetised photo peg 01

So since I had all my quilt bits out and they are blacks and whites, I thought why not work with the same theme?  Grabbed my paper scraps out, found the perfect paper.  Then had some scraps from my quilt and made my ruffle flower I love so much and hot glued her on.

Ta-da…fully clothed and magnetised photo/document peg!

magnetised photo peg 03

You can’t really tell, but the pattern on the black paper is silver, so it has just the right amount of bling for me.

magnetised photo peg 02

And I absolutely adore these flowers made out of fabric scraps, I just can’t stop making them.  This time I popped a big plain black brad in the middle.

magnetised photo peg 05

Nice side shot, see magnets hot glued to the back.  I also painted the sides black to give a bit of a uniformed look I guess, but not the inside. My daughter Tiana said I should’ve painted that bit too.  What do you guys think?

magnetised photo peg 04

And here it is in use, cute and practical. Just what every girl needs.  All in all I am very happy with how it turned out.  Simple, cute and practical!

On a side note we had a craft fair last weekend, and I dragged hubby along, I did get some goodies, but have forgotten to take photos, maybe later.  But one thing I didn’t forget to take a photo of is my new mug, exclusively reserved for when I am crafting.

craft mug

Isn’t she a beauty?? I just couldn’t pass her up when I saw it!

I will be using her a lot this weekend, I have a lot of sewing planned and an announcement on a new card making venture I have just gotten involved with, but more on that later.

Until then Happy Crafting

42BD3B7A067E1982B5D475547CB5DF09






6 comments:





Altax said...

The pictures are great!!!

Easter Activities

Simply Tasheena said...

This is too cute! I would love for you to link up at my Linky Party via:
http://ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com/2012/03/show-me-what-you-got-linky-party-7.html

Mrs. Delightful
www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

Tammy said...

This is sooo cute! They would be perfect for my cubical at work. I'll have to make some for me!! Thanks for sharing it :)

Claire @ a little something in the meantime . . . said...

Neat project, Michelle! Where do you get a clothespin that is that big?

Marisa said...

Great idea. I found you on Twigg Studios and I am a new follower. Come over for a visit.

Kathryn Pepper said...

Very cute magnet! Thanks for linking it up to Cutesy Monday!

Kathryn
destinationcraft.blogspot.com

Post a Comment