Saturday, January 21, 2012

A Jar of Nothing

Hello Blog World,

So my computer has been down the last couple of days, so no posts no surfing, no emails and no pinterest!!!!  It has been a bit frustrating to say the least.

Also with all this hand appliqueing I am doing for my quilt I have had no time for other crafts so today I will show you another Handmade Christmas Present I made for Christmas just gone.

Do you have one of those people in your life that when you ask them what they want for their birthday or Christmas they always say “NOTHING”?  Well I have two!!!

My husband and my sister in law (this just proves they’re related) So after another 12 months of hearing “NOTHING”  I remembered this cool idea I saw years ago.

It is the Jar of Nothing

jarofnothing 03

Basically it’s an old empty jar or if you are like me and didn’t have jars you liked buy some cheap ones (I got mine at the reject shop for $2.50 each and they are about 5” round and tall, a good size I thought.) And all I did was glue a label onto it that I made with MS Word with the above saying, which you can change to suit your needs.

I then prettied it up with some ribbon and wrapped! How easy is that?

jarofnothing 02

jarofnothing 01

The purple one is my husband’s and the pink one is for my sister in law Kelly’s, when gluing Kel’s I mooshed a bit of the paper so ran a line of kindy glitz around the edge and blinged it up.  It actually looked really good, plus it matches the colours in her craft room, so now it sits proudly in there.
I did also get them proper presents this year but gave this to them first.  They both laughed and enjoyed it very much.

So if you are interested I have put the MS Word document here for you to download.  You can change it around to suit your needs and the font I used is called Shells if want to download it, you can go here.

If you make it let me know I would love to see other people’s take on it.

Now I have a little athletics carnival to go to for my beautiful daughter, and them home in time for dinner.  Quick update the healthy lifestyle is going much better and I have found some fab healthy recipes I will be trying out over the next couple of weeks.

Until Later Happy Crafting

42BD3B7A067E1982B5D475547CB5DF09







6 comments:





Chantelle @ Mommyx3=Insanity said...

Too cute!!! I am so giving this to a few special people who always want "nothing" lol

CaffeinatedPapercuts said...

Oh, very cute - this is definitely getting Pinned!

Hani said...

This is so cute!
Thanks for linking!
Love
Hani

Katie said...

Thank you for sharing with Blog Stalking Thursday! I have featured you with this week's party! Please stop by and grab a featured button and wear it proudly on your blog! http://thecraftyblogstalker.blogspot.com/2012/01/blog-stalking-thursday-25.html

Heather said...

Ooh this is wonderful! My husband is notorious for saying "nothing"! Thanks for the great idea!

Anonymous said...

Classic!! I'll be making this to give to my friend for sure:)

Post a Comment