Saturday, May 21, 2011

Goodies and a Layout

Hello Blog World,

So the head cold is finally on it's way out WOOHOO!! Just in time for the weekend.  Obviously feeling a bit ill there was not much time to do any crafting through the week except finish the layout I was working on last week.   But firstly I got myself some goodies in the mail this week also and I am soooo excited I just have to share.

  
Iphone 4
Twine Glorious Twine

 
I have wanted an Iphone since they first came out (I know how lame)  but I finally got one!!! YAY!  And I am seeing this beautiful twine everywhere lately on cards and layouts etc...so it has taken me some time (yes I am slow) but I finally got some for my stash.  I know I am soooooo going to have to use it this weekend, ain't they all beautiful.

As for my layout I used Sassy Lil' Sketches May 7th Sketch


And came up with this...


I have decided I love stitching around my pages as a border effect and I love journalling strips.  I seem to keep using them a lot on layouts lately.  Anyway this is from my  holiday last year where my hubby and 2 lovely friends and I went exploring the Crystal Castle down in Mullimbimbi N.S.W,  such a beautiful tranquil place if you can ever get yourself there I highly recommend it.

Ingredients are:
  • Heidi Grace Papers
  • Kaiser Craft Wooden Flowers
  • Bella Chipboard Letters
  • Unknown Brand of Card Stock
  • My Sewing Machine
  • Foam for a bit of popping
  • DMC Embroidery Floss

Well I don't know what the weekend holds, maybe some more cards, maybe another layout, maybe some sewing.  Stay tuned next week and you may see.  Until then Happy Crafting :)


 


 

2 comments:





Sarah said...

I love your page! The stitching is a great border, and I also love to use journalling strips - my handwriting always seems to look neater on a strip!! Thanks for playing along with us at Sassy Lil' Sketches!

Unknown said...

this is a FABULOUS page, well done.

Post a Comment