Monday, January 2, 2012

Tower of Fun

Hello Blog World,

Yesterday I finally got around to doing some scrapbooking, the mood hit me a few days ago but I just couldn’t get to it straight away. 

Now I am by no means an organised scrapper.  I have a folder on my computer with copies of photos I want to scrap and it just seems to keep on getting bigger and bigger.  When the mood hits, I do not do them in any order I just do what either inspires me at the time or what I feel like.

So when I saw Sketchy Thursday’s Sketch this week, inspiration struck it is such a lovely sketch and I knew what photos I was going to use straight away!

Sketch_122911

The date on my journaling should tell you just how unorganised I am.

Tower of Fun (2)

But I am quite proud of me, 12 months or not even that long ago I would have taken this sketch and pretty much copied it exact, but I have definitely put my own spin on it and I think it shows how much I am growing as a crafter in general.  

Tower of Fun (1)

I did originally print out three little photo’s to go down the side strip, but I just love this photo and wanted it to be the main focus.  I am really happy with the result and this has now been swapped over with my last layout and put in my 12” x 12” shadow box frame on my bureau in my family room.  Scrapping this brought back memories of a wonderful day with my family mucking around and having a picnic in the sun.

Again I have dug deep into my stash for this, and have not bought anything new, but the following has been used.

Bella Chip Letters
Crate Paper
Bakers Twine
Kaiser Craft Star
Kaiser Craft Alphabet Rub Ons
Lots of Tim Holtz Distress Ink around the edges of the papers, and even the letters have a chalk ink on them as they were stark white and I didn’t like it that bright.
and my printer ( for the journaling and the smaller book page looking paper)

I only have 1 day left of my holidays and then I am back to work.  What to do??
Hmmmm I will go ponder that, until then Happy Crafting

42BD3B7A067E1982B5D475547CB5DF09





5 comments:





Kasia said...

So fun! Great take on the sketch! Love that photo :)
Thanks for playing along with us at Sketchy Thursdays!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is AWESOME! I loveeeeeeee that photo and love love love love the star! Thanks so much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Janelle said...

Love the Tower of Fun scrap page. The photo looks so much fun!

corrie said...

Fun page!! Thanks for playing with Sketchy Thursdays!

Anne Pennington said...

What a great memory and take on the sketch!

Post a Comment