While I have never really done resolutions, this year I am jumping on the bandwagon and while I am not setting resolutions as such I am setting goals I want to achieve this year.
I feel writing them down for the whole world to see makes this more serious and makes me accountable at the end of the year.
So here are my 5 goals for 2012 in no particular order – 1 week late
1. CRAFT MORE
While that’s easy to achieve with just that phrase I have certain projects I want to complete.
- Finish my quilt
- Gallery Wall for Kitchen
- Bathroom Organisers
- Finish my Cross-Stitch
- Make a handbag
- Finish my Elephant Drawing and complete 2 other drawings
- Continue to learn crochet and complete and hat for Tiana
- Make a skirt
- Make my clown doll
- Make at least 2 things for my niece’s school raffle
- Make Cards for every birthday and anniversary this year (no buying last minute cards)
- Redo my Kitchen table table and find chairs to suit it
- Redo my book shelf
- Make a meal organiser
2. ORGANISE & DECLUTTER
| || |
Again an easy goal to complete when you just say ORGANISE! But I do
have specific goals in mind. My home is like a clutter jungle most days
- My Bathroom (at the moment there is make-up, hair stuffs and other miscellaneous stuffs everywhere)
- Kitchen Pantry (this is just bad bad bad)
- My Craft Room (again stuff everywhere)
- My Bedroom ( we have a fairly small bedroom so something needs to be done now!!)
- Utilising a daily planner as to not forget about things
- Meal Organising
3. A HEALTHIER LIFE
I am not going to say lose weight! That is not my goal, that is just an added bonus if it happens. My goal is to live a healthier life in general this includes
- Exercising at least 2-3 times a week
- Minimal junk food ( I am only human and know I have weaknesses, but limit my self to only one or two times a week)
- Drinking at least 2 litres of water a day
- Cooking with fresh ingredients
- Planning meals ahead of time
4. GROW MY BLOG AND MAKE SOME FRIENDS
I started this space nearly a year ago, but was very sporadic in my posting and connecting. I have found since coming out of the winter blues in October I am really enjoying this. But I am here to make connection so to speak. I am passionate about crafting yet know no-one else that is! My friends get bored with me rambling on about fabric and paints and learning how to ruffle and the softest yarn etc… So I am here this year to share my passion with the blog universe and hopefully meet some friends along the way.
5. SPEND MORE TIME WITH MY FAMILY
Do you ever feel you are just going through the motions?? Some
This year I want to spend more meaningful time with my family, not just go through the motions of life. I want to go on picnics, play games, continue my weekend date with my daughter before she grows up and out of it, go away on a romantic weekend with my husband, and have meals together! (hence the kitchen table redo)
This is my most important goal and if nothing else is achieved but this I will be a more happy person than now.
So that is it!! My goals!! Do you have any goals for 2012? What do you do to help you stay on track and not get caught up in life? I would be very interested to know.
Until next time Happy Crafting