Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Long Gift Box

Hello Blog World,

With only 5 Days to go I am still in full Christmas mode, making gifts, tags, boxes, cards and I even went to spotlight today and bought some food dye so I can make some Christmassy coloured sweet stuffs soon!!

You did see a sneak peak of the box I am showing you today on Saturday in this post.

gift card box0


But here today I have the close up version.  Firstly one of my close friends is a smoker and she has been wanting one of those long cigarette holders you see in the old black and white movies, well when I was out shopping the other night I was passing a tobacconist and thought hmm I wonder.  I went in and asked and yes they had one.  (sorry no photo, it’s already wrapped)

audrey-hepburn-cigarette-holder

You get the picture though right? Well it only came in plastic so I didn’t want to wrap it like that, so I made a box.

Thanks to this old website for the posted tutorial way back in 2008, I made this beatiful box with red papers as it’s her favourite colour.

long box 1

Doesn’t the paper scream Christmas and make your eyes go funny looking at it.

long box 2

So this is the box almost complete, looking good so far.

long box 4 long box 5

So wah lah one completed pen box, which is the perfect size for the cigarette holder, it’s about 8” x 1" 1/2” and the lid just slides off and on.  I even made another gift tag, similar to my purple tags to attach to the box.  Now I just hope she likes it.

long box 3

So I have one more present to make and it’s already half done, just waiting on the paint to dry, then tomorrow shortbread and if I get time oreo truffles, mmmmmmmm yummy.

Until then Happy Crafting.

42BD3B7A067E1982B5D475547CB5DF09





2 comments:





Jennifer Dawn said...

Cute. Thanks for sharing!

My Duong said...

Such creative way to jazz up a gift box! Would love love love for you to share this at our party going on now http://space46.blogspot.com/2011/12/co-hosting-pinteresting-link-party-week.html. Happy holiday! My

Post a Comment