Saturday, December 31, 2011

These are a few of my favourite things…

Hello Blog World,

Well 2011 is coming to a close and what a year it has been, lots of work, lots of fun, 5 births and 2 deaths, and I started a blog.

I was going to do my favourite or most popular posts for this year but I have seen a few of them around and since I haven’t been doing this a year yet I thought I would leave that for my bloggingversary (I like making up words) in February.  Instead I  am going to tell you a few of my favourite things from the year 2011, this way I can look back and remember the year that was so to speak.

These are in no particular order…just random as they come into my head (lots of random things come into my head)

1. MY DAUGHTER STARTING HIGH SCHOOL
fav things 001

This is a big one for me, watching my little girl start the next chapter of her education.  Isn’t that hat darling, she had heaps of fun new subjects, maths challenges, camp, sport days, cooking class etc..


button

This was/is very exciting for me.  Somewhere I can record my thoughts and share my journey through life, love, cooking, crafting etc.. I had some ups and downs, went missing in action for a couple of months but the last few months since I have started back up with purpose has been very enjoyable.  And while I don’t have many followers or visitors I appreciate every single one of you and love getting comments no matter how random they are.  I can’t wait to see how it grows in 2012.



fav things 002

I know something trivial, but I had been wanting one of these since they first appeared on the shelves and hubby got me one I was sooooooooo excited, now I can’t live without it and I don’t know how I ever did.

4. MY MELBOURNE TRIP
fav things 003 fav things 004
In November I went back to Melbourne for the first time in over 5 years.  I grew up in Melbourne and lived there for 28 years before moving to Sunny QLD, but getting back there was brilliant.  It was home!!!! And best of all I got to celebrate my closest friend and adopted mother Jenny’s 60th Birthday.

5. MY TRIP TO STANTHORPE
fav things 005
fav things 006
In June this year, a whole bunch of us from work went on a wine tasting weekend to Stanthorpe, we had copious amounts of alcohol, lots of good food and lots of fun!!

6. FOOTY
fav things 007 fav things 008
In July, I took my husband, daughter and my brother in law to a game of AFL Football.  I grew up going to games in Melbourne every week as a kid, but since we moved interstate it’s been quite hard as there are not many games up here, so when my favourite team Collingwood was journeying up here to play Gold Coast we had to go!!! We won that night and even made the grand final this year, alas we did not win it!!  But it was still a good year.

7. MY PUPPY

fav things 009
Hubby bought me a puppy in Nov 2010, and in March 2011 we saw her graduate puppy school.  She is such a darling puppy (even though she is a year old she is still my puppy, she will always be my puppy) and she brings the whole family so much joy and laughter.

7. MY CRAFTS
fav things 010 fav things 011
fav things 012 fav things 013

I feel this year I have come a long way with all my crafts to far to pick a favourite one, so above are only a few of my faves.  Click on the photo for more info on each craft.




While this has taken a back burner for the month of December in the lead up to the holidays, I am slowly getting back into it and while some of it has been really hard, back breaking, sweating my butt off hard some of it has also been fun and rewarding! So bring on 2012!!!

9. THE SOOKIE STACKHOUSE NOVELS (TRUE BLOOD)

true-blood-books-sookie-stackhouse-series-true-blood-6876471-399-298

One thing you don’t know about me I have a little bit of a vampire obsession, not these new fandangled vampires that sparkle (mind you I have seen all the movies and read the books) or can freely roam about in the day with a special magic ring. 

I am a sucker for the old fashioned kind, I love Bram Stoker’s Dracula –book and movie, Interview with the Vampire ( Unknown fact about Michelle, I was an extra in the sequel to this movie Queen of the Damned), and Nosferatu just to mention a few.  Buffy and Angel will hold a special place in my heart forever.

My newest obsession is True Blood! I discovered the TV series before the books, but I am now onto book 3 and I am hooked!! If you like vampires at all, or just a really good story I suggest you have a read.


10. MY FAMILY
fav things 014 fav things 015
fav things 016 fav things 017

This is my most important favourite of the year, my family and the joy they bring me.  I don’t have a big family but I love the family I have and I wouldn’t be me without them!

So these are my favourites for 2011, there were a couple I didn’t feature, my new car I got for my wedding anniversary also rates high, my Saturday lunches with the girls at The Glen hotel, my Sunday breakfasts with hubby sneaking out without the child and these are just a few. 2011 has been a really good year and I can’t wait to see what 2012 brings.

Again thanks for everyone out there in blogland for your nice encouraging words and support and listening to me ramble on and on and on, I don’t think that will ever change sorry. I hope everyone has a fantastic and prosperous new year.

Until then Happy Crafting


42BD3B7A067E1982B5D475547CB5DF09






I often link up at these parties

2 comments:





Carol, The Answer Is Chocolate said...

What a great post. Happy New Year and wishing you all good things in 2012.

Janelle said...

I want the Sookie Stackhouse series too! Though I have yet to see a complete set in my country. I think they already released the set months ago but I missed it so now I have to wait until they become available one by one again.

Post a Comment