Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Oreo Truffles

Hello Blog World,

Well Christmas has been and gone for another year.  I hope everyone had a great day!!!  Is anyone else exhausted?  I know I am!!  And we now have New Years on the way, does anyone do resolutions?  I normally don’t but I am thinking about it. Are they a good idea?  Do people ever stick to them?  Let me know.

 So before Christmas is fully forgotten for another 12 months, I thought I would share today my Christmas Oreo Truffles.  Yeah Yeah I know, there are a million and one out there in blog land but they are sooooooooo yummy and easy to make so now there is a million and two!

I served these up for our Christmas Day Picnic and they were a hit I must admit, and there were none left by the end of the day.

So you start off with your ingredients.

oreo truffles 001

 I use
  • 2 x 150g boxes of Oreos
  • 1 x 250g box of cream cheese
  • 1 – 1 /2 packets of chocolate melts ( you can also use flavoured candy melts if preferred)

oreo truffles 002

Crush up your oreos, that’s the fun part, pop in a bowl and put in you cream cheese, it’s best to have the cream cheese at room temperature other wise it’s very hard to beat. 
Beat the cheese into the oreo crumbs, and then I also do a bit of hand kneading until a nice smooth dough consistency forms.

Then roll them into balls, mine are about 1/2” round give or take, but you can make them any size you like. Mine yielded about 32 balls.

oreo truffles 003

Once they’re all rolled into balls I pop them in the fridge for about half an or so to firm up.

Then melt your chocolate or candy melts, I used white chocolate and then some powdered food dye to make green and red.  Dip balls in chocolate pop back on your lined tray and let set.

oreo truffles 006

If you are anything like me you will have mess everywhere by this stage.

oreo truffles 004

I also had some icing pens on hand and just drizzled over the balls in a no particular pattern just to brighten them up a bit and hide where some of the chocolate wasn’t dipped nicely.

Store in an air tight container in the fridge as they do get quite soft if not stored correctly.  I also found they tasted better after sitting overnight, the flavours fermented through better.

So there you have it another oreo truffle recipe.  I have found they are all pretty much the same out there but as I said earlier they are very yummy, easy to make and well worth it and you certainly do not have to reserve these only for Christmas, they also make cute pops if you stick them on a stick and decorate.

Hubby bought me a beautiful sketch artists pack so I may do some drawing today or sewing haven’t decided. Gotta get some housework done first, so until then Happy Crafting.

42BD3B7A067E1982B5D475547CB5DF09







0 comments:





Post a Comment