Sunday, December 11, 2011

Copy Cat Doily Wreath

Hello Blog World,

Wreaths, wreaths everywhere I look there are wreaths.

Today I am going to attempt my own bauble wreath (just need to get the wreath form first and some more hot glue sticks). I should have done this yesterday but while surfing blog land last week I came across this beauty.

2011-12-05 16_03_28

Thanks to Aimee at Twiggy Studios for this inspirational beauty, it’s soooo shabby I had to try my hand at one. 

I have had these large doilies in my stash for so long but have never got around to using them and when I saw this I just knew I had to make it for our Christmas decorations this year.

So first I gathered my supplies

doily wreath doily wreath1
Made lots and lots of cones…

doily wreath3

And then hot glued it all together (my hot glue gun and I have an understanding, it will burn me, it will get everywhere but in the end it will stick stuff together!)

Aimee didn’t mention on her post but I hot glued mine onto a round piece of chipboard so it has a solid base and as my large doilies weren’t overly large that way I could make them appear larger by gluing from the outside in and in turn making a larger wreath.

Anyway this is how the finished product looks.

doily wreath4

I had a larger hole left over so I got my sticker paper, used my slice machine to make a 1 1/2” circle and then popped this snowy glitter all over it, I wasn’t content with only that much bling so I also grabbed my kindy glitz and glitz the edges of all the doilies.  Then I saw this little felt birdie I had in my stash and decided he needed a home and popped him on there and added a branch I hand cut from cardstock.  Wah Lah one copy cat doily wreath completed with a few of my own personal touches.  It was pretty simple and didn’t take too much time at all. 

So check out Aimee’s at Twiggy Studios version it is so beautiful, pop over and leave her some comment love, I love the branches she has behind hers!!!

Mine now resides in my entry way and it’s just sooooo shabby I may just leave it there all year!  So I am off to spotlight now to find a wreath form and then I am going to attempt this bauble wreath (I am a little bit frightened).  I will let you know either way how it turns out, until then Happy Crafting. 

42BD3B7A067E1982B5D475547CB5DF09





1 comments:





Special 'K' said...

I am absolutely loving this creation. I have fallen head over heels with these paper creations, along with the idea of having a Christmas Tree in my bedroom. Thank you for sharing it is adorable. I will follow on my way out so as I can come back and visit again. I hope you will find the time to come visit my place and do the same. Cheers SpecialK XoXo

Post a Comment